Welcome

"People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing, that's why we recommend it daily." - ZigZiglar

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Relax slow down


Relax, slow down - sofspics
Relax, slow down, I often have to remind myself. Being in hurry causes you to stress out. You really do not enjoy what you are doing. You could gloss over and miss the finer details. Well, you could just be in a hurry and miss out on life.
Sometimes we take up so much on ourselves that the very thing we love becomes a drudgery. We are just going through the motions of living without actually savoring it. A poem that I learned at the age of 7 comes to my mind, it is called Leisure by William Henry Davie
“What is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare?”
Somehow these lines have been ingrained in my mind. It is true that this life we lead has no meaning if when we barely live it. Our worries and concern about the tomorrows, robs us of our today’s.
If we cannot enjoy the now, what is the guarantee that we will enjoy our tomorrows? Take time to relax, let your hair down. Let the simple things of life fill you with peace. Let the little things of life make your day.
Recently, I received a lovely piece of jewellery as a gift, it was an anniversary gift from my husband. Somehow these gifts have lost their significance for me. I am showered with such things often.. but it was the time we spent together, walking around the lake, speaking about our desires and things close to our heart that made my day.
We decided that we needed to slow down, to relax and for the first time in years we were by ourselves having fun. Somehow I believe it is moments like these by the lake that will become landmarks of happiness in my memory.
If you are rushing through life, take time to relax, slow down and make time to enjoy the little things of life.
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment