Welcome

"People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing, that's why we recommend it daily." - ZigZiglar

Friday, April 27, 2012

Living healthy starts in your mind - 2


Continued ...
You will never achieve something if you don't really want it. Fire your imagination and start living healthy in your mind first. Then you would find it easier to adapt to the changes you want to make.
Move your elliptical, treadmill or any other equipment you use closer to your desk. Have a reminder set on your laptop. Make sure that you spend at least 30 minutes each day doing some exercises.
Take the stairs. Walk to get your chores done. Cycle to office. Do something to keep you active at least for 30 minutes during the day.
Clean out your fridge. Pack it with healthy stuff that you can eat. I love to chew on thinly shredded carrots. That would mean more hours of work. I have devised a way to take care of this, I got myself a nice little shredder and now my veggies are done in the morning and stored in little boxes. I do not snack on anything unhealthy.
Eating out - cut it out. Cook your own food. You know what goes into each dish that you prepare.
Shift from unhealthy fats to healthy fats.
Shift from processed food to richer natural whole grains. Eat nuts that are unsalted or uncoated with sugar or chocolate.
Eat chocolate, yes, a concession I make for myself as I am a chocoholic. Ensure that you eat only dark chocolate. I didn't like it at first, but now I have learned to love it.
Commit yourself to health habits. Quit bad habits, develop at least one good habit.
Oh yes... I almost forgot to mention this, eat slowly. Relish what you eat. I used to gulp my food in two minutes and always ended up feeling hungry. Fifteen minutes at the table sends signals to your brain that you are satiated.
Popcorn is good for you if you must snack . Cut out the oil, butter etc .. eat it less salted with a sprinkling of pepper.
Hook up with your buddy or your spouse to have a fun workout or even a brisk walk everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment