Welcome

"People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing, that's why we recommend it daily." - ZigZiglar

Friday, March 30, 2012

Be the motivation

Watching my father go through the pain of cancer and the frustration of not being able to be the active person he had always been was a terrible experience. He just did not like to stay on the sidelines and watch life pass him by, but there was nothing much he could do in his emaciated state. I was quite young to understand much of it then, but one thing I always remember about him was that he never grumbled, spoke negatively or cribbed about what a bitch life was. He was a gentleman, but more than that, he was my motivation. I remember a day he was in terrible pain. When I went to his room to see him, he looked at my face and motioned me to sit by him. Holding my hand he asked me what troubled me.. I was stunned, that even in his pain he had noticed that I was unhappy. I told him about my disappointing grades in school and he spent the next fifteen minutes motivating me to do my best. That was the last time I ever did badly in my academics. I went on to be a gold medalist at the university, but he did not even live past the month to see what I had done with my life.
His attitude, his speech and words have been a great source of motivation for me ever since. I have tried to live by that example. I was pleasantly surprised one day when a friend of my older son casually told me how my son is motivated by the person I am and all that I stand for.
Living the life you believe in, is all you need to do to become the motivation. You need to be true to yourself. If you cannot stand up for what you believe in, or even agree with yourself consistently you may be in a lot of trouble.
Living the life you believe in, is all you need to do to become the motivation. You need to be true to yourself. If you cannot stand up for what you believe in, or even agree with yourself consistently, you may be in a lot of trouble.
To be the motivation you need to be true to yourself. Your values, beliefs, words and actions have to add up to the whole.
Set standards for yourself, but make sure that your life is balanced. Your goals need be in sync with your life.
Enjoy what you do, your happiness within the limits you have set is what matter.
Be Positive and live positively.
Giving in to fear and unbelief does not help you remain true.You need to believe in yourself.
Never let go of your dreams and chase them until you have made them yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment