Welcome

"People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing, that's why we recommend it daily." - ZigZiglar

Monday, January 30, 2012

Follow your dreams - quotes and reflections

Follow your dream quotes

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. - Henry David Thoreau

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it. If you can dream it, you can become it. - William Arthur Ward.

Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal. - Pamela Vaull Starr.

Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

You can't realize your dreams unless you have one to begin with. - Thomas Alva Edison

Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly. - Lanston Hughes.

Listen to your heart. It knows all things, because it came from the Soul of the World, and it will one day return there. - Paulo Coehlo.

Hope is the dream of the waking man. - French Proverb.

The more intensely we feel about an idea or a goal, the more assuredly the idea, buried deep in our subconscious, will direct us along the path to its fulfillment. - Earl Nightingale
Follow your dreams - my reflections and understanding

Follow your dreams I say, but I never knew, what it was to dream. I was the practical, logical woman, made so by a life that was not too easy. I deliberated and carefully studied life, planning one step at a time. Life was a terrible burden to carry. I often felt like 'Lady Atlas' carrying the world on my shoulders. I can honestly tell you that success was easy, but I was not happy within.
I had had enough of it. I sought after peace. I found peace in letting go. I found peace in listening to my heart. My heart had an intelligence that was far superior than the learned intelligence of the mind. I learned to trust my heart.
I became a dreamer. I dreamed of a life, of peace and happiness and I can honestly tell you I live it each day.
I do not shirk responsibility. I wake up each day at 5 AM. in the morning to make my dreams come true. I always dreamed of being a good mother, a loving wife and most importantly a better person. Every day is a step in that direction.
Dreaming of love, I lost my anger. Dreaming of beauty, I forgot my hurts and pains of the past. Dreaming of giving, my life became the best it could ever be, satisfied and truly happy.
Now, don’t mistake me, disappointments always linger around. There are times I feel I should have done better in a situation or spoken with more understanding and compassion. These are always turned inwards not as regrets or negative, accusing thoughts (I left them behind when I became a dreamer) but as pointers to become a better me.
I love who I am, if I cannot, I cannot be the one I want to be. If I am emotionally maimed I cannot love others.
I can love the one who has done me wrong, I may be angry and troubled at first, but the love inside keeps welling up, because I love me. I see the struggling me in those people.. the me that I once was. Hurting because of the rude words of others, hurting with the words that came out of my own mouth, I can see the old me. Now, as a dreamer it has become so easy to love, I still struggle with it at times, but I always overcome.
Everyday I fly on the wings of my dreams, to love, to nurture, to make whole, to forgive. Life has become the dream I had a long time ago. I continue to dream, as dreams take me to my destination. Dreams are my starting points to a better life. Dream on... dream up a better life.
Don’t just follow your dreams, after a point, lead your dreams. Make them go where you want to go.. Dream, dare to go where logic can never enter, dreams can enter those edifices of divine destinations. Follow your dreams .. follow your heart.. your spirit will lead you, into realms that we have just had glimpses of. Follow your dreams...

No comments:

Post a Comment