Welcome

"People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing, that's why we recommend it daily." - ZigZiglar

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Joy and sorrow - from Kahlil Gibran

I have loved Kahlil Gibran, his philosophy, poetry or thoughts on life from a very young age. The influence that his words have had on my way of thinking  in my young years was profound..
Today I thought I will spend time on my blog just for myself or those who may want to have a taste of the great master's music... yes his words are music indeed...

These lines here are magnificent..I have put together some lines on Joy and sorrow as I saw fit...

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with tears.


And how else can it be 
The deeper the sorrow carves into your being , the more joy you can contain.


A few more lines ...


Some of you say "Joy is greater than sorrow",
and others say "Nay sorrow is the greater"
But I say unto to you they are inseparable.


Verily you are suspended like scales between your sorrow and your joy.
Only when you are empty you are at standstill and balanced.


When the treasure-keeper lifts you to weigh his gold and his silver, needs must your joy or your sorrow rise or fall. 


Awesome indeed .. only when you are empty or a dead shell can you not feel joy or sorrow.
Emotions are what makes us human. How well the master has understood it!

Joy and sorrow are indeed inseparable when one goes up the other side of the scale does come down. They are the two sides of the coin called emotions,  you do not know the value of the coin when it stands up vertically, you need to turn it on its side to see and realize its value.

Life is perhaps like that, you have to experience each side of it to understand the wholeness of it.  The depth of the sorrow you experience prepares you for the depth of joy that you can experience too.
Awesome truth said with such simplicity and beauty, I wonder where the master's have gone.. will we ever find one in our lifetime. Every seeking after truth, is a seeking after wisdom... seeking after wisdom.is what helps us change and grow.

Proverbs 3:13 Happy is the man who finds wisdom, And the man who gains understanding;
I believe this is true happiness, when a man has found wisdom!!! All else is vain!!


Did this touch you in some way , let me know..........




No comments:

Post a Comment