Welcome

"People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing, that's why we recommend it daily." - ZigZiglar

Saturday, July 28, 2012

I met an angel

Today I met an angel. It was a beautiful day, spent with some lovely friends and their little daughter. This little girl all of nine has grown into a surprise package.. an ornithologist in the making... I was so impressed and pleased to be with her.. learning from this precious little one all the time.  The drive back home was long and tiring... as a two hour drive in a crowded city could get. And then our car stopped... not knowing what to do in the middle of the road I did what I always do .. prayed. I opened my eyes and there was my young angel who walked up to me and offered to push the car... A teenager dressed in a sport T shirt and jeans, clean shaven, with a look of innocence and peace on his face.
I was so touched, the car just started as he put his hands to it... I just had enough time to thank him...The smile I saw on his face made my day. It always touches me when someone goes out of the way to help another. We don't need angels. People are enough, if only they had the heart to help one another.  
Life is made up of little things like these... I would never forget this face that helped me today. I would never forget that smile. To me it is the most precious.
We really do not have to do much in life... If we have made the life on one person better in someways, or added value to what we normally do, or even stopped to help another I guess that was all that was required.
I am sure the young man would remember the gratitude in my eyes or in my voice as I said thank you before we hurriedly drove away.. to avoid causing a huge traffic jam..
Have you met your angel? If you have pass on the favor... find someone help. I did mine today at the very first opportunity I got.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your post and I like your take on the issue. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete